Doc. Dr. Damir Franić, MD, Specialist in Gynecology and Obstetrics
Dr. Maja Ivanišević Franić, MD, Specialist in Gynecology and Obstetrics
What is PRP?
PRP (“platelet-rich-plasma”) – plasma rich in platelets
Despite the fact that blood is mainly liquid, it also contains small solid cells (red blood cells (erythrocytes), white blood cells (leukocytes), and platelets. We know platelets for their role in blood clotting, but platelets contain more than 100 different proteins that act as growth factors and play a crucial role in wound healing, injuries, or tissue and mucous membrane rejuvenation.
PRP is plasma that is 5-10 times richer in platelets than normal plasma, which means it is also that much richer in growth factors.
How does PRP work?
Growth factors from PRP stimulate the production of stem cells, which, through the creation of new cells, accelerate the healing and rejuvenation of tissues. Platelet-rich plasma is injected into the affected area being treated after centrifugation.
In gynecology, PRP is used for:
- Regenerating the mucous membrane, particularly in the treatment of vaginal erosions, cervical erosions, inflammatory processes in the cervix, frequent vaginal infections, and the treatment of the external genitalia for chronic itching due to lichen or vulvar kraurosis.
- Reducing vaginal dryness, thus improving a woman’s sexual life.
- As the so-called “O-shot” (orgasm shot), which stimulates the G-spot in the vagina, increasing arousal, libido, and the possibility of experiencing orgasms more quickly.
- Increasing vaginal elasticity, reducing pain during sexual intercourse, especially in menopausal women.
- Increasing vaginal moisture.
- Helping in the treatment of urinary incontinence.
Office hours of the clinic
- PHONE APPOINTMENTS (tel: 03 5 815 550) Afternoons from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM, mornings from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
- EMAIL APPOINTMENTS: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MAIL APPOINTMENTS: Private Gynecology and Obstetrics Clinic, Celjska cesta 7, 3250 Rogaška Slatina, Slovenia
- IN-PERSON APPOINTMENTS
BONE DENSITY MEASUREMENT (DXA) CLINIC only by prior appointment.
Do you need assistance?
Schedule an appointment with us!
You will receive the date of your first visit at your email address.